Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Recents & Rants

Some recent food I've enjoyed. I made some pizza on Saturday, one was a caprese pizza, fresh mozzarella, diced tomatoes, fresh basil, topped with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. The second was goat cheese and roasted red pepper, topped with fig-infused balsamic vinegar. I was skeptical of the fig at first, but after I tasted it, I was sold. The goat cheese combination is very good. Also, went to Wahoo's on Sunday and got a shrimp burrito. I was very disappointed. It tasted of dirty bell peppers and onions. I ended up spitting out a lot of the ingredients. It's sad when it comes to that. I knew I liked the shrimp tacos, I always get the shrimp tacos, and yet I got the burrito. Why do we do things like that? You know something is going to be good, you're looking forward to it, but at the last moment you change your mind. It's like what they say with multiple choice tests, go with your first instinct. I've been craving hamburgers all week, since I made a poor buffalo burger on Monday. I mixed in goat cheese with the ground buffalo, but I guess I grilled it too long. Any recommendations? Anyway, I'm craving Rodney's Hamburgers. I've never been there, but I'm hearing great things about the sweet potato fries.

Now on to my rants. This will be a frequent section. They opened up a Jack-in-the-Box near our house, and the line for the drive-thru had been a mile long for more than a week. It didn't matter what time of day it was, the line was always long. This place killed people back in the 80's, and now people are spending hours in the drive-thru just for a chance to tempt death. Really? I have never eaten here, and I don't plan on ever eating there. I don't hold any contempt for fast food, as I occasionally crave a double cheeseburger from Burger King; however, can't we develop some taste buds, maybe a little bit of class? Get out of your car, march yourself into that disease-ridden place, and punch that Styrofoam smiley face right in the carrot nose. Say no to Jack!

1 comment:

Todd said...

I suggest you purchase a digital meat thermometer. Start grilling different things and take notes on cooking times with your thermometer. Once you get the hang of it, you can wing it without the thermometer. There is nothing worse than an overcooked piece of meat.