Friday, October 24, 2008

It's Not Easy Being Foodie

I have to vent first before I get into some other details. Being a foodie/food snob isn't always easy. I don't really like being called a food snob, but I can understand why I might be perceived this way. I do, however, have serious issues with being called picky. Just because one does not get excited to go to Chili's or frequent Taco Bell, does not make one picky. I don't discriminate against any type of meat or exclude shellfish from my diet. The only really common ingredient I can do without is onions, but I am not going to throw a temper tantrum if they're included. Being picky is not being open to different types of foods. Do any of you other foodies run into this or is it just me?
Now on to some other things. I mentioned in an earlier post that I had made some pizza, and I want to encourage all of you to try this if you haven't. Making pizza dough is extremely easy. After that, it's just up to you in deciding what kind of toppings you want to put on. Pizza Margherita is a great place to start. It's simply mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil. I love the addition of a high quality extra virgin olive oil and an aged balsamic vinegar. O & Co has some of the best choices of olive oil and balsamic vinegar in the world. Trust me on how amazing they are. They vary in tastes just like wines .
Another good dish I tried this week was a spinach and penne pasta. You take spinach, garlic, goat cheese, cream cheese, salt, and pepper, and you puree it in a food processor. Next, you pour it over the cooked penne and serve over a bed of wilted spinach. It was awesome and relatively easy. I added some chopped chicken to this just to have some meat.

What are you making?

1 comment:

Todd said...

I like to cook meals that are by country. Just the other day we wanted to do a French theme. We made a variation of the typical roast with vegetables and made a French pork rib roast with french fingerling potatoes, then made a pear salad and also served it with French wine. I was great but did require a little bit of time. Try it out!