Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Rant

With all of the food being served and made this holiday season, we inevitably deal with leftovers. Part of this is related to our desire to make more food than is necessary. There is the fear of not having enough food for people. I fall into this fear, but I wonder if this is somewhat of an American concept. We tend to view quantity as the important factor instead of quality. I recently visited Maggiano's Italian restaurant for a work-related lunch. For those of you unfamiliar with this place, it specializes in large portions. One of its notable traits is the family-style dining option it offers. My problem with this restaurant is the obsession to serve large amounts of food. I'm not sure that I've ever seen someone leave this place without a doggy bag. With such large portions, they tend to skimp on quality, and I'm not sure how they couldn't. This brings me back to leftovers. Most food is not meant to be reheated, and therefore, doesn't taste as good. Sadly, we have a fridge full of leftovers in which most will be thrown out. I don't like drying out meat in the microwave or hardening pasta. What's the solution, less is more? I'm not sure, but I hope to not get obsessed with quantity and lose my sight on quality.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can say that I jibe consent to with you, but you may be making allowance for other options.
to the article there is quiet a without question as you did in the fall issue of this beg www.google.com/ie?as_q=webpod studio professional edition 1.22 ?
I noticed the catch-phrase you procure not used. Or you use the dark methods of promotion of the resource. I suffer with a week and do necheg