Thursday, February 26, 2009

Denver Restaurant Week (Part 2)

So it was back to our favorite restaurant. We hit up Restaurant Kevin Taylor tonight. As usual, it did not disappoint. It was definitely the most crowded we had ever seen it, and it was a little loud. Our one complaint is that we were a bit rushed. Keep in mind I don't mean rushed like Olive Garden rushed. This is normally a very relaxed place with a European-style of service. Tonight, we felt as though they might need our table. However, no food came out before the other course was through.
I started with the pork belly, which was very tender. For dinner, I had the sirloin and braised short-ribs, also very tender. I finished the night off with the crème brûlée
, which is always done well. Accompanying my dinner, was a nice Bordeaux. The interesting part of the night was watching this couple having a very nasty fight, but trying to keep it civil. They spent about an hour there and never ordered. The man stormed off several times. Finally, they both stormed off. We passed them on the street arguing, and the man was crying. Interesting situation. I'm not sure why I felt the need to share that.

2 comments:

JJ Hendricks said...

Jake. You and I had almost the same meal at Kevin Taylor. I had the salmon instead of the steak (because Angie wanted to share some and they both sounded good).

I liked the gossip section too. You should have found more juicy info for the blog though. Why were they fighting? Who are they? Did Kevin Taylor have something to do with the fight?

JAKE said...

Never cave into the woman's demands. You stand firm, JJ.
My best guess was that he found she was cheating right before he showed up at the restaurant, but I'm certainly open to other stories.